Smarter Way to Buy Steel Buildings
You can continue the archaic practice of randomly collecting quotes OR utilize our buying leverage and get a guaranteed savings.
Time For You to Advance into the 21st Century.
As you may know, in 1908 when the Model T was invented many people were reluctant to take advantage of this more efficient means of transportation. Some kept riding a horse-and-buggy for many more years. Needless to say, everyone eventually caught up with the times. The question is whether you embrace change or reluctantly come around many years later. Of course, progress waits for no one!
You can continue the archaic method of calling random retail steel building or insulation outlets and asking for a quote or you can apply a smarter 21st century way of buying – by utilizing Factory Steel Overstock’s buying leverage, expertise, and specialized knowledge for FREE!
Do you really think randomly collecting quotes from traditional “retail” steel buildings or insulation outlets is the smartest way to buy? While it may be a viable means to learn market prices, it definitely is not the most ideal source for purchasing. Why? Because you have very limited buying leverage, expertise, and specialized knowledge. Simply put, the traditional retail outlets, as well as commission salesmen, have too many advantages!
What about buying buildings on eBay?
I must admit, I never bought a steel building on eBay; however, I do have over 35 years of experience in the steel building industry. My brief assessment is not a knock on those selling there nor the eBay platform, just an evaluation of what I’ve noticed.
When I reviewed the steel buildings posted on eBay, I was shocked to find there is very little information pertaining to the building’s specifications, features, or codes. It is as though the sellers are more preoccupied with stating “free shipping” and “buy now” than presenting thoroughly detailed information on the structures. I concluded that the eBay site was primarily a means for companies to post their buildings disguised as discounted. This is not to say that a person can’t find a “needle in a haystack” there – but why try?
Things to consider before buying a steel building on eBay
- Most building departments require certified stamped plans in order to issue a building permit; therefore, one shouldn’t buy a building without first verifying that it meets or exceeds their local codes. One should contact the seller and request a copy of the certified plans. This may be a challenge on eBay, but precautionary steps such as this one is an imperative.
- If the building being offered is not being sold by an established company, what recourse do you have if you realize items are missing or damaged months later? Most people have never purchased a steel building before; therefore, are naïve to the reality that there are many individual parts of a structure: screws, closures, sheeting, rafters, columns, trim, nuts and bolts, bracings etc. Also, all these parts must perfectly fit together into a certifiable system. Quite often, a customer doesn’t even realize something is missing or is incorrectly designed until far into construction. Not to mention, what guidance is available regarding advice with erection and understanding plans?
- Are you really saving money? Compare price thoroughly with more traditional selling outlets. It seems as though once needed accessories are added, there are no real savings on eBay from other steel building websites. So if there are no real savings, why buy through an unconventional steel building source?
Ultimately, you are responsible for the choices you make. Take your time. Disregard the “free shipping” advertisements. It is a gimmick!! When you have thoroughly reviewed Factory Steel Overstock’s Wholesale Cost + Fee program, your decision will be self-evident!
A Smarter Way to Buy is to Utilize a Company that….
- has NO upfront cost
- informs you of the actual wholesale cost and the associated fee upfront
- quotes a guaranteed savings
- been established since 2011, maintained a A+ BBB grade and 5-star rating
- over 60% of its new business stems from repeat or referrals
“I ordered three buildings and this has been an excellent experience. The website is extremely helpful for planning purposes. The order process is efficient and the staff is very efficient and helpful. I have already recommended FSO to a friend.”
– 50x100x16 Connie C. 7/2/2018
“Definitely will do business with this company again.”
– by Ivan Timoshuchuk 10/9/2021
“I have purchased and erected four metal buildings in the past. This transaction was the best price by far and the simplest person to deal with. He never tried to constantly up sell me. All my buildings in the future will come from Factory Steel Overstock.”
– by Ralph B. 75 x 90 x 18
– Feb. 06, 2015