Buy Fiberglass Insulation At Wholesale Prices!
Factory Steel Overstock is the perfect resource to get Fiberglass insulation below standard market prices. Whether you want R – Value 7, 10, 13, 19, 38 or more, You can buy online quickly. In addition, you can request multiple facing options when you buy your building with us! You can buy directly online by clicking RED button directly below and SEE your delivered insulation cost in 1 MINUTE! You can request a custom insulation quote – guaranteed below competitors’ quotes – if you are a READY- TO- BUY NOW customer ONLY by calling 1-888-512-1116.
Already Have Your Building?
More Info about Fiberglass Insulation...
Most people are familiar with fiberglass insulation. It is what was in your attic when growing up–though there have been improvements on its facings.
Owens Corning® EcoTouch® Certified R Metal Building Insulation is a light density fibrous glass blanket. Steel building insulation is basically blankets of woven long-strand fiberglass that are laminated on one side to a vapor-barrier facing. Facing materials are applied to fiberglass insulation blankets to serve as a vapor retarder as well as a protected cover over the fiberglass. Factory Steel Overstock prices fiberglass with WMP-VR-R+ facing. This vinyl-reinforced backing is far more durable than vinyl alone. See more on vinyl vapor barrier backings posted below.
A 3″ tab runs along the length of both sides of rolled-out insulation for easier handling during install.
- ASTM C991-08, Standard Specification for Flexible
Fibrous Glass Insulation for Metal Buildings; Type II.
- NAIMA 202-96 (Rev. 2000) Standard for Flexible
Fiber Glass Insulation to be Laminated for Use in
Understanding R- Value
R-Value is based on measuring the amount of heat loss, or ability to retard the loss of heat flow. Understanding R-value with fiberglass insulation is easy: The R-value is directly related to the fiberglass thickness. The thicker the fiberglass blanket you have, the higher the R- value. It is important to note, all R-values for fiberglass insulation have been determined before installation. Compression of the purlin install method will reduce the R-values. Factory Steel Overstock can quote up to R-38 Value (double layer installation system).
Options for Vinyl Vapor Barrier Facings:
Our online prices posted as add-ons in Option 2 – Build Your Own Package Estimator, may include:
- 3″ R-10 – Roof & Wall R-10 -or-
- 6″ R-19 Roof – 4″ R-13 Wall
with WMP-VR-R+ vinyl facing. For most standard uses of your metal building, this is sufficiently strong and adequate for being tear-resistant. We simply wouldn’t settle for less, nor expect you to pay more than the wholesale pricing we pass on to you!
You may request pricing for alternative backings shown below:
Simple Installation Procedure for Single Layer Blanket:
- You simply place the insulation roll over the top of the roof purlins and / or wall girts. This is done prior to the exterior metal panels being installed.
- The fiberglass rolls are essentially sandwiched between the interior metal and the exterior sheeting.
- The vapor barrier (usually white finish) is faced towards the inside of the building, giving the building a clean finished look. We always Re-enforce this facing so that our customers have the most sturdy backing. With a single layer application, you can achieve R-Values up to R-19, but not higher.
- The 3” tabs are to be rolled over and stapled. Orders come with double-sided tape for easy adherence to building, and a small supply of patch tape to assist with minor tears if needed.
Simple Installation Procedure for Double Layer Insulation System:
The great thing about fiberglass insulation, is you can just add an additional layer and increase your R-value. The highest R-value you can have with a single layer of insulation is R-19 which is 6”. Your purlin depth determines the thickness of your bottom layer.
- Faced fiberglass ( we always include a reinforced faced backing) rolls are installed between the purlins and / or girts, filling the cavity. This cavity is important, for it allows the insulation to maximize its efficiency.
- This insulation is secured by banding that is screwed to the underside of the purlins. An additional layer of unfaced insulation is then placed over the top of purlins or girts, creating a double layer high R-Value system.